We now provide a comprehensive garden survey service, which is an assessment of your garden's current physical characteristics written up as a report. This will assist you in deciding on your future plans and designs for your garden, including garden design, planting and full garden landscaping.
Your garden survey will consist of:
- Your Garden's Aspect - is your garden north/south/east/west facing? - This will affect the type of plants you can grow, and which areas of the garden receive sun and at what times of day.
- Soil Type - is it heavy, light, dry, wet, acidic, neutral, or alkaline? - Again this affects the type of plants you can grow, and what soil modifications you may need.
- Plant Exposure - is it exposed to wind, frost, or sheltered? - This can affect the type of plants you can grow, and how well your plants do. It also affects your comfort in the garden!
- Soil Drainage - do you have areas of standing water, or is it dry? - Unless you want a bog garden, you may need to condition the soil to help excess water drain away.
- Garden Topography - is your garden level or is it (or parts of it) sloping, and to what extent?
Once have completed this 'audit' of your garden, you should have a much clearer idea of what is possible to achieve from it. For anything from the type of plants you choose, to the actual layout of your garden, this information will help you succeed in any gardening venture.